How to collect a urine sample from your dog
1. Try to get as fresh a sample as possible (ideally within a few hours of your appointment)
2. Use a clean glass or plastic container (or soup ladle)
3. Take your dog outside on a short leash and pay close attention!
4. When your dog squats or lifts their leg to pee, carefully place your container into their urine stream and gather a sample of pee (don't worry if you don't get a lot of urine.....only about 1 mL is needed in most cases).
5. In some cases this may be a two person job or it may take a couple of attempts
6. Once you have your sample, immediately keep it cool in the refrigerator until your appointment